Saturday, December 31, 2022

Wrapping Up 2022

What a year! At times it felt more “normal” but at other times it was a wild ride. I’ve finished three semesters of school (one more to go!) and went from part-time work to full-time work at the library. Tonks continues to be the best rabbit ever (though the old girl has had some health issues). I went to a book event IN PERSON again! And I’ve read a lot of really great books (and some…less great ones).

As of right now, the morning of December 31, I’ve finished 138 books with the 139th about halfway through (and the 140th a quarter through but that will have to be the first book of 2023!). I never set a real book goal for the year. I’ll read what I’m going to read and I don’t care if I hit a certain number (even though hitting a goal is so incredibly satisfying!)

To end the year, I thought it might be fun to list my top 22 books of 2022 (because we all know avid readers absolutely cannot pick just ONE favourite). I've organized them by month read. I hope you enjoy this recap! And please let me know which books YOU loved this year! Here’s to an amazing 2023!

  1. The Maid by Nita Prose (Review)
  2. Looking for Jane by Heather Marshall (Review)
  3. The Suite Spot by Trish Doller (Review)
  4. In a New York Minute by Kate Spencer (Review)
  5. The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn (Review)
  6. Bluebird by Genevieve Graham (Review)
  7. The Honeybee Emeralds by Amy Tector (Review)
  8. A Deceptive Devotion/A Match Made for Murder/Framed in Fire by Iona Whishaw (I read three in the Lane Winslow series and I refuse to choose favourites!) (Review of Framed in Fire)
  9. The Last Summer by Karen Swan (Review)
  10. The Murder of Mr. Wickham by Claudia Gray (Review)
  11. The Vanished Days by Susanna Kearsley (Instagram review)
  12. Every Summer After by Carley Fortune (Review)
  13. Book Lovers by Emily Henry
  14. Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison
  15. Mad About You by Mhairi McFarlane (Instagram post)
  16. One Good Thing by Alexandra Potter (Review)
  17. Clanlands by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish
  18. A Certain Appeal by Vanessa King
  19. The Winners by Fredrik Backman (Review)
  20. Shrines of Gaiety by Kate Atkinson (Review to come. Instagram post here)
  21. Time’s Convert by Deborah Harkness
  22. The Hustler Next Door by K.A. Tucker (Review to come. Instagram post here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!