Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Review: Nick and Noel’s Christmas Playlist


Well, we’re about to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day so may as well review a Christmas novel, right? I was swamped with full time work and full time school last semester so many books and reviews got shoved aside as I tried to not fail my classes or my new job. Sorry, books! Nick and Noel’s Christmas Playlist by Codi Hall was a fun book to read during all that madness. I read it a few days after Christmas and it kept me entertained throughout.

Here’s the book’s description:
Nick Winter is just out of the military, and his Christmas homecoming is not going as planned. What was supposed to be a memorable holiday with his long-time girlfriend goes sour when he learns she cheated on him while he was stationed overseas. At least Nick can rely on his usual shift at the family Christmas tree farm with his best friend, Noel Carter, and her endless supply of Christmas tunes to lift his spirits. A night of fun together is just what he needs to forget about his ex.
But then they kiss. And it feels...so right.
If Noel can turn Nick’s Blue Christmas merry and bright, this might be the last Christmas Nick spends with a broken heart. This year, they’ll be Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree as a couple―as long as Nick’s ex doesn’t go standing under any mistletoe.
I’m a sucker for friends to lovers romances (yes, they’re better than enemies to lovers and I will never waver on that fact) so I was immediately interested in this romance because of that trope. Nick and Noel have had an interesting friendship since they grew up together but they both joined the military, with Nick staying in longer, so they’ve been long distance BFFs for a long time. Once Nick is home for good, they have to relearn how to be friends but, hoo boy there are some serious sexy sparks between them that they really can’t resist.

I didn’t love the way the storyline went with Nick’s ex or the guy Noel had been sort of not really dating. They were both really harmful relationships (for different reasons) and Noel was constantly being verbally and mentally attacked and Nick didn’t seem to get it. Even after all this time since I’ve read it, I’m still left with a not great feeling with how those things went down in the book.

The Christmas spirit was alive and well in this book. Nick’s parents own a Christmas tree farm, which is probably my favourite setting for a holiday novel. Family AND Christmas trees? Perfection. Even with all of the holiday hullabaloo, you could read this at any time of year if you wanted. Maybe a Christmas in July pick?

Nick and Noel’s Christmas Playlist was a really fun rom com that I enjoyed reading. I’ll have to make sure to check out Codi Hall’s other novels to see if they’re equally as entertaining.

*An egalley of this novel was provided by the publisher, Sourcebooks Casablanca, via NetGalley in exchange for review consideration. All opinions are honest and my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!