Thursday, April 7, 2022

Review: Falling for You


I have really enjoyed Barb Curtis’s Sapphire Springs series. The small town romance series was so delightful and I’m a little sad Falling for You is the final book in the series. It was a lovely finale and I really liked hanging out with all the characters Curtis created. I’ll miss them!

Here’s the book’s description:
Just when recently evicted yoga instructor Faith Rotolo thinks her luck has run out, she inherits a historic mansion in quaint Sapphire Springs. Though Faith never imagined putting roots down anywhere, small-town life is growing on her, as is her fixer-upper house. If only her handsome new contractor, Rob Milan, would stop spoiling her daydreams with the realities of a major rehab…and his generally grouchy vibes.
A single dad of two, Rob doesn’t have much time for fantasy wish-list ideas his clients can’t afford. Then again, Faith’s creative energy might be exactly what he needs right now. But while Rob and Faith work to give her home the second chance it deserves, their spirited clashes wind up sparking a powerful attraction. As work nears completion, and Faith’s house becomes the shining jewel of the neighborhood, will she and Rob realize that they deserve a fresh start too?
I had a feeling, especially when reading the second book in the series, that this third novel would feature Rob, Leyna’s brother (her story is in the first book) and I gotta say…I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I knew about his background – he had punched the man his wife was having an affair with and was dealing with troublesome custody issues when he had been the main parent of his two girls during his marriage. I knew he wasn’t a violent man and I could understand why he did what he did but I still had a tough time getting on board. It was like it was unnecessary drama and his story could have been different and still gotten a similar vibe. It was a lot to overcome and I don’t think I quite accomplished it.

That said…I was HERE for the love story. I was rooting for Faith and Rob because they were so right for each other. I also really liked that they got off on the wrong foot – multiple times – before they settled into a friendship (that turned into more). It was a bit like an opposites attract with a dash of enemies to lovers (but not true enemies so I was good with it). Their relationship, with all the ups and downs, really was lovely to read and I was so pleased with their HEA.

The history mystery (rhyme intended) in this story was so intriguing. Faith doesn’t know much about her family’s past and she’s surprised by what she uncovers. I just recently read a historical fiction novel that took place during Prohibition so it was fun to read a romance that referenced it as well. It was a really lovely side story and I enjoyed it so much. I don’t want to say too much about it though because it’ll be more enjoyable for you to unravel the mystery right alongside Faith and Rob.

I had a lovely time reading Falling for You and thought it was a great final book in Barb Curtis’s Sapphire Springs series. I’m sad to say goodbye to this wonderful town and characters but I’m really looking forward to what Curtis writes next!

*An egalley of this novel was provided by the publisher, Forever, via NetGalley in exchange for review consideration. All opinions are honest and my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!