Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

This week we're listing our ten favourite covers from the books we've read. Seems easy enough, right? My list was originally fourteen titles long so my issue came from deciding which ones to cut. I must say, it was really interesting to see which covers appealed to me. Can you see a bit of a pattern? Read on to see which books made the list and have covers that make me swoon.

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating this week!


Life After Life - Kate Atkinson. A good chunk of my review of this novel is spent talking about how much I freaking love this cover and how much better this Canadian version is than the US and UK versions. I just love it.


Gold - Chris Cleave. I love bold colours, fancy/fun font, and simple graphics. This one has them all (and, bonus, is also a great read).


Bride Quartet series - Nora Roberts. I was drooling over the cover of Vision in White long before I actually read the books. My mom mentioned the series to me and when she finally remembered the title and I looked it up, I said something along the lines of, "Oh, those books with the gorgeous covers!" So pretty.


Vanity Fare - Megan Caldwell. Cookies and books. Need I say more?


Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham. There's just something about the blue tone with the pop of red that I really like about this one.


Twilight Saga - Stephanie Meyer. Say what you will about the content (and I'll say they're entertaining) but I really like the covers. It goes back to the simple and bold concept I like.


Emily Giffin's novels. Just lovely. Simple and recognizable.


How to Eat a Cupcake - Meg Donohue. One word: cupcakes. 


Winter Wonderland - Belinda Jones. This is just too cute and perfect for this story.


Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell. Once again, simple and striking wins my heart. This perfectly illustrates the start of their relationship and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT list!! And it's true.. I do have to admit that when I first saw the Twilight books, it's definitely the cover with the apple that drew me to it. Also totally agree with you on the Emily Giffin ones! Love those covers! :) And I love that you included a series! haha.. I almost picked the Luxe series because of all the pretty dresses! :P

    Great list Kaley! :D

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter Wonderland's cover is adorable. I love Emily Giffin's books. Vanity Fare and How to Eat are both lovely, too. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!