Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Christmas Edition


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Because today's Tuesday happens to fall on Christmas, we get a freebie week. I decided to do a bit of a combo list. Five of these books are lovely children's Christmas books and some are classics and some are ones that are special to my sister and I. The other five are Christmas themed books that I would like to read and it's no surprise that they're all chick lit novels! :) What are some of your favourite Christmas books?

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating in this week's list!


A Porcupine in a Pine Tree - Helaine Becker and Werner Zimmermann
This is probably the best adaptation of the 12 Days of Christmas ever because it's so Canadian. The countdown includes beavers, moose, Toronto Maple Leafs, Stanley Cups, and, of course, a porcupine in a pine tree. The illustrations are adorable. My best friend bought me the book and the little stuffed porcupine last year for Christmas!

The Polar Express - Chris Van Allsburg
This is such a classic book. The illustrations are just fabulous and I love the story. I have yet to own the book but I do have the movie and the bell ornament from Hallmark!

The Jolly Christmas Postman - Allan and Janet Ahlberg
If you don't know the Jolly Postman, you are missing out. This postman goes about and delivers mail to all sorts of people - like Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks. The best part of these books? The letters that you can pull out and read. Just awesomeness.

Do I really need to explain why this one is on the list? So much fun.

This is another one that my sister and I would read every year. I loved the I Spy books growing up so it was always fun to pull out the Christmas one each year and try to find everything again. Like the pickle ornament!


The Gift - Cecelia Ahern
I've read a few of Ahern's books and haven't gotten around to this one yet.

Christmas with Mr. Darcy - Victoria Connelly
Austen and Christmas? Count me in.

Winter Wonderland - Belinda Jones
I just recently learned that this novel takes place during the winter carnival in Quebec, which is something I've always wanted to check out.

Married by Christmas - Scarlett Bailey
I haven't read any of Bailey's books but I've heard lots of good things. Why not start with a cute Christmas story?

With Love at Christmas - Carole Matthews
I really enjoy Matthews' novels so I'd like to give this year's Christmas book a read.

1 comment:

  1. We sang A Porcupine in a Pine Tree at Christmas Dinner - thank you SO much for that recommendation when we met you downtown last year - My Niece LOVES it! :) Lydia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!