Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mini Review: How Santa Became Santa Claus


Have you ever had to tell a child about Santa Claus? Who he is, what he does, how he does it? As I don't have any kids myself, I haven't had to teach any children about Santa. When the author of How Santa Became Santa Claus asked me to review her short story, it got me thinking about how I would introduce the myth.

This is the description of the book:
This children's story will answer all the questions you've always had about Santa Claus:
Who is he?
Where does he come from?
Where did he get all those powers from?
Why does he distribute gift on Christmas?
This is a fantastic and magical story that you will never forget.
I think the author had an interesting idea but I'm not sure I would read this story to my own (imaginary) children. I'm a big fan of Santa and Christmas which is why I agreed to review this book. That being said, I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination so I was a little...let's say indifferent to the appearance of God and how Nicholas actually became Santa. I imagine this would be a nice story to tell kids who have had a religious upbringing but I can't really comment on that.

I'm glad I got the chance to read How Santa Became Santa Claus even if I wasn't in love with it. It made me think a little bit more about how kids are told about Santa. This might be a good story for some parents but not for all of them.

Merry Christmas and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!