Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Let's Talk About Rereading

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Last year I reread all of Sarah Dessen's novels. This year I reread the entire Harry Potter series. These are two of the best reading decisions I've made over the past couple of years. There's something awesome about going back and rereading an old favourite. Especially when it's part of a series and you can catch some of the references you didn't realize were important the first time around. Rereading is also great when you're much older than you were when you first read the book. Of course, as a blogger, I don't have a ton of spare reading time to reread books. There are so many new ones to get to (so many!) that it's hard to find the time to read something I've read before. If I had the time, the following books/series are ones that I would love to reread. What book(s) would you like to reread? Links lead to Goodreads.

Anne of Green Gables series - L.M. Montgomery
It's been ages since I've read this series and I have been wanting to reread it for the past few years. Perhaps a reason to buy new copies with gorgeous new covers?



Chronicles of Narnia series - C.S. Lewis
Technically, it'd only be a reread of the first three (or four if you put The Magician's Nephew at #1 though it was published as #6) as I've never finished this series. So clearly I need to get on this.

Something Borrowed/Something Blue - Emily Giffin
I've been wanting to reread these ones ever since the movie came out but just haven't found the time. I'm hoping I can before Something Blue is released! (Still no date on that...no IMDd page yet!)

Anna and the French Kiss/Lola and the Boy Next Door/Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins
I only just finished reading Isla a week or so ago and I already want to read them all again. I think it'd be great to read them back to back to back because I'd like to find all the little clues that will be sprinkled throughout. Again, this is an excuse to buy the pretty books...


Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
I always say that I love Austen but I really want to reread her most popular novel. It's been awhile and I sometimes wonder if I'm unintentionally lying when I say that I love it!

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series - Ann Brashares
I adored this series and I always think that it'd be nice to reread all five books again.

Jessica Darling series - Megan McCafferty
This was another favourite in high school and I really want to see what I think of it now, as more than ten years have passed since I read the first book.


The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
This novel isn't on this list because I loved it. It's on here because I was in grade ten when I read it and I don't think I fully understood it. It's been on my mind ever since the movie was released. How much of the story did I really grasp at 15?

Little House series - Laura Ingalls Wilder
I devoured everything Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was younger (except the TV show...surprisingly, I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of the show). I still own the box set and I want to remind myself of Laura's story. And then dive into some more biographical books!

The Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins
With the second last movie coming out, I've realized that the details of Mockingjay are fuzzy and I'd like to remind myself what actually happened in the book.

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear you with The Lovely Bones. I was young when I first read it, but reading it nowadays has me sobbing my heart out.
    Fantastic list.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for re-reading! I also want to re-read Anne....and I feel like re-reading Pride and Prejudice is a must every 3-4 years. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of the Anne of Green Gables series in audiobook form, and I can already see myself revisiting them.

    For some reason I didn't finish the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, although I would like to return to it someday :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!