Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Summer TBR Pile

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Ah, summer reading. There's something particularly awesome about the books you read in the summer - even when the season no longer means a vacation from school. A lot of great books are published in the spring and summer and the longer days with more sunlight allow for a lot more outdoor reading. That's really the best thing about summer reading, in my opinion. Being able to read in the backyard, on the beach, at the park...the opportunities are endless. For this week's list I've put together the ten books I'm most looking forward to reading this summer. Some are new releases, some aren't even out yet, and others are just finally making it to the top of my To Be Read pile. If you're wondering why I don't have Landline, Rainbow Rowell's upcoming adult novel and one of the most anticipated summer books, on this list it's because I was lucky enough to snag an e-ARC and I've already read it. (You should too...it's awesome.) What books are you looking forward to reading this summer? Links lead to Goodreads.


Open Road Summer - Emery Lord (April 15)
I don't have a copy of this one, nor does my library, but I've heard really good things about it. I should find a copy since it sounds so cute and awesome!

Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson (May 6)
This is another YA one that I've heard a lot about and I just can't wait to read. Luckily, I have a copy from my library just waiting for me to get to it before it's due back next week!

Goodnight June - Sarah Jio (May 27)
Confession: I haven't read a Jio book. I follow her on social media and she's just amazing so I can't wait to dive into this one!

Just One Night - Gayle Forman (May 29)
I freaking loved Just One Day and Just One Year so I was SO excited when I learned there was going to be an extra novella about Allyson and Willem. I just have to get myself a copy!

All Fall Down - Jennifer Weiner (June 17)
Weiner is amazing so of course her novel is going to make it on here. It's out today AND she's going to be in Toronto next Monday - for the first time in FIVE years! I'm so pumped.


The Silkworm - Robert Galbraith (June 17)
I really really liked The Cuckoo's Calling and I'm so excited that Rowling, er, Galbraith is continuing with the series.

A Single Breath - Lucy Clarke (July, in North America)
This will be a great rainy day book. I read Clarke's debut novel, Swimming at Night, and adored it so I cannot wait to read this one. (Review will be up July 3!)

Breathe, Annie, Breathe - Miranda Kenneally (July 15)
I haven't read any of Kenneally's books (yet) but this one looks so good.

The Book of Life - Deborah Harkness (July 15)
If this was in order of "most looking forward to" instead of release date, this would be number one. I freaking love the All Souls series and I cannot wait to find out how Harkness concludes the trilogy. Only problem is, it's been SO long since I read the last one that I can't remember every detail. I'd love to reread both books buuut...they're huge! It's a dilemma!

Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins (August 14)
SO FAR AWAY. Ahhhh. I think once this one is released I might treat myself to a nice box set!

1 comment:

  1. Open Road Summer and Since You've Been Gone were soooo good! Super excited for Isla too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!