Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Cover for Just Friends With Benefits!


Over the past few months I've come to think of author Meredith Schorr as an online friend. (And hopefully she feels the same otherwise this post has quickly turned stalkerish...lol) I adored her latest novel, Blogger Girl (review is here) and I enjoyed A State of Jane as well (review is here). But, even with all this love, I have yet to read her debut novel Just Friends with Benefits. Craziness! I'll be reading it soon but I wanted to share the lovely new cover today. I love what Meredith says on her website to explain the update:
I also assume that Just Friends With Benefits, the oldest of my three “children” might be feeling a bit left out and jealous of the attention bestowed upon A State of Jane and Blogger Girl and so I’m sure she’ll appreciate the makeover Booktrope is giving her in the nature of a new cover and some editorial tweaking.
I'm loving the new look of the cover. The font is super cute and I love the conversation hearts.

Here's what the novel is all about:
When a friend urges Stephanie Cohen not to put all her eggs in one bastard, the advice falls on deaf ears. Stephanie's college crush on Craig Hille has been awakened thirteen years later as if soaked in a can of Red Bull and she is determined not to let the guy who got away once, get away twice. Stephanie, a 32-year-old paralegal from Washington, D.C., is a 70's and 80's television trivia buff who can recite the starting lineup of the New York Yankees and go beer for beer with the guys. And despite her failure to get married and pro-create prior to entering her thirties, she has so far managed to keep her overbearing mother from sticking her head in the oven. Just Friends with Benefits is the humorous story of Stephanie's pursuit of love, her adventures in friendship, and her journey to discover what really matters.
Have you read Just Friends With Benefits yet? Or any of Meredith's other novels? Let me know what you thought of them! I can't wait to dive into this one :)

3 comments:

  1. You're so cute, Kaley! Of course, I consider you an online friend as well :) Thank you so much for sharing and for your kind words about my other books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love all of her books and this new cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to read Blogger Girl after hearing you praise it so much! This new cover is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!