Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - A Reflection of Me!



Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature. 

This week's list is "Top Ten Posts On Your Blog That Would Give The BEST Picture of YOU". It's a mouthful, but basically I've picked ten of my previous posts that really give you, the reader, a glimpse into my life. They won't necessarily be focusing on my reading tastes but there might be a little story or revelation in the post or review that really shows what I'm like. All titles link to the original post and the order is chronological, not which ones I liked most. Hopefully you all like what you read :)

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating.

This post was about my new tv show obsession: Being Erica. This is notable because it's a Canadian show and I take great pride in being Canadian. I love (or at least can appreciate) anything that's from my country. We're so inundated with American media that it's great when something stands out that's came from us. I think this is a very underrated show and I hope many more people discover it and become hooked on it like I did!

I chose this one because it was written at a time when I was making a change in my life - no more part time retail job! In this post I reflected on what I actually enjoyed about that job. I talked about the best parts about working in a bookstore and what I was going to miss. 

This one was less about the review and more about the fact that the book took place in Scotland. I have fairly recent ancestors that came from Scotland and I have a very iconic Scottish last name so it was awesome to read a series that took place in that country. And no, I haven't been able to travel there yet. Someday!

I picked this review because it signaled the end of an amazing series. I love the Traveling Pants girls. Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget grew up together and I'm not close to any of my "best friends" from when I was really young so I was always envious of their friendship. 

5. Vacation Reads Challenge: The Perfect Man
This one got chosen because this review helped my grandma decide to send my sister and I on a cruise. Yep. My grandma is pretty wicked awesome. The main characters in this book were sisters and went on a cruise together. I mentioned in the review that my sister had thought about working on a cruise ship but had never actually been on one. Cue my overly generous grandmother gifting us with a vacation and we were off on a four day cruise to the Bahamas and three days in Universal a few months later. (Bonus post: a wrap up of my trip with some of the highlights and some pics!)

6. Sarah Dessen Rocks my World
I have mentioned multiple times on this blog that Sarah Dessen is my favourite author. This posts details the experience I had when I got to see her last September. I actually won a contest and my best friend and I got to meet her. It was awesome. (Fun fact: I found out about the above vacation and winning this contest in the same evening. I was sure I was going to pass out from the excitement.)

7. My New Obsession: The Hunger Games
You know when you read a book or series and are just so incredibly into it that you don't want to leave that world? Yeah, that was the Hunger Games series for me. I had what some people call a "book hangover" where I could not think about wanting to start a new book. I loved them that much.

8. Just Finished: Forgotten
It was difficult for me to pick which Catherine McKenzie post to share but I think my review of Forgotten was my favourite. I love all her books and was particularly proud of this review.

9. All Hail the Queens of Chick Lit
May is International Chick Lit month so I decided to write a post all about my favourite chick lit authors. Emily Giffin and Sophie Kinsella feature heavily.

10. Just Finished: The Tall Book
I am tall. 6' to be exact. So when I found out there was a book all about my people, I had to read it. I loved it and it was so much fun to learn tidbits about tall folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!