Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mini Review: The Next Always


I wanted to do a mini review of The Next Always by Nora Roberts because I really enjoyed this new series and think other romance readers would love it too. Roberts' is my guilty pleasure author - the books of hers that I've read are all sweet and fun and have attractive male characters. And bonus: some of her latest ones have had gorgeous covers. When I saw that she was releasing the first novel of a new series I decided that would be a great Christmas present for my mom...and sort of me too since I stole it from her as soon as she was done reading it :)

Here's the synopsis of book one of The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy:
The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett’s social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there’s another project he’s got his eye on: the girl he’s been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen…
I want to move to Boonsboro. Immediately. And I plan on kicking Clare out of the book store she owns and taking it over as my own. (Clare is the girl Beckett's been in love with since he was 15, by the by) The store is totally perfect in a way only a store in a fictional small town can be. I love the following quote because I totally agree with it (it was one of my favourite things about working at Coles) and it shows how Clare's love of books really came through the writing:
She loved new shipments, opening the cartons and finding books, the covers that closed in all those stories, all those world, all those words.
Boonsboro just had an awesome feeling to it with lots of independent shops and restaurants. Since I can't move to this little town (because, you know, it's a setting in a fictional book...) I will gladly settle for diving into the second novel in the series and seeing what happens to the other characters in the town.

Overall, I liked reading this novel and I can't wait until the second book comes out (just a month from today!)

Happy reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I've only read one Nora Roberts before (despite being a HUGE romance junky!) but this one sounds right up my alley! I'm going to have to look for more of her stuff.

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!