Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourites of 2014...So Far!

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

It's been a looong while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday post. It's not because I haven't wanted to. I just haven't had time. See, I was in Australia for two weeks and I was without wi-fi at both the places I stayed (oh, the horror) so I just didn't get around to doing the posts. Will an adorable koala picture help you forgive me?


I'll  have a full recap post (for those who are interested) eventually. But for now, say hello to Carmella. So cute! Anyway...back to TTT! Can you believe it's almost halfway through 2014 already? Man, where has the year gone? It's been a crazy one for me but I've managed to get a lot of reading done. This list could include all of the Harry Potter books I've reread so far this year (1-5) but that would take up some valuable list real estate so just know that I've been rereading them and it's been awesome. I've read a lot of great books this year but I took the easy way out and listed the books I gave five stars to on Goodreads. Happily, there were ten (other than HP). Easy, peasy! Five stars for me may not mean it's the most amazing work of literature. It means that I thoroughly enjoyed myself while reading the book and it left me feeling awesome (other than The Orenda but that is a damn fine novel). Links lead to my review where applicable.


Just Friends With Benefits - Meredith Schorr
The Orenda - Joseph Boyden
To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
I Don't Know What You Know Me From - Judy Greer
Hard Hats and Doormats - Laura Chapman


Don't Even Think About It - Sarah Mlynowski
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
My Life with the Walter Boys - Ali Novak
What Nora Knew - Linda Yellin
One Tiny Lie - K.A. Tucker

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read Jenny Han's new book. I've heard nothing but good things! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!