Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Favourites with Lydia Laceby


I started this "favourites" feature because I wanted a way for readers to get to know the authors attending BookBuzz Toronto, an event I'm helping with. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about these amazing women and I hope you can attend the event! Learn more about BookBuzz Toronto here.

Today you get to learn about one of my favourite bookish ladies: Lydia Laceby. Lydia is one of the other organizers of BookBuzz Toronto and it's been SO great working with her. I also write for Lydia's blog, Novel Escapes, and have thoroughly enjoyed her debut novel Redesigning Rose. We've known each other for almost two years now (crazy!) and I'm so proud of her for publishing her book. Enjoy her favourites!

About Lydia...
Lydia Laceby is the co-founder of Novel Escapes, a chick lit and contemporary women’s fiction review website. Since 2009, she has read and reviewed as much women’s fiction as humanly possible while designing, organizing and expanding the website from two reviewers to seven.
In her spare time, she knits cute baby hats, would pick cheese over chocolate–if she had to choose–and regularly cheats on her allergy free diet.
Lydia has always wanted to write and began her career writing a soap opera at the tender age of thirteen. It never aired. Redesigning Rose is her first novel.

Favourites...
Movie - Braveheart and The Last of the Mohicans. I guess I’m a sucker for historic, romantic, violent movies.
Chick flick - Bridget Jones’s Diary and Sex and the City (the first one - I don’t even want to talk about the second movie)
Alcoholic beverage - Vodka soda.  Raspberry vodka is best.
Warm beverage - Tea
Junk food - Salty: Chips of any flavour. Sweet: Reese’s peanut butter cups
Dessert - I don’t really eat dessert unless it’s a special occasion. I suppose I’m a bit odd. If I had to choose, I’d pick a pie. Again, any flavor. Great. Thanks, Kaley. Now I want pie. (Blogger note: *smiles angelically*)
TV show - This is not a fair question. The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Parenthood, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother… Shall I go on?
Travel destination - Anywhere that isn’t home. I love exploring and would love to venture out to see more of the world!
Ice cream flavour - Peanut butter and chocolate
Sport - Hockey. Yep, I’m a good Canadian girl. I also grew up with two little brothers whose games I rarely missed.
Actor - Johnny Depp – because he’s such an incredible actor. It has nothing at all to do with his looks. Nope, nothing at all. Nor the fact that his Teen Beat posters were plastered all over my wall during his 21 Jump Street days or that he’s been my imaginary boyfriend for over two decades. Nope. Not at all. Seriously though, it helps that he’s such an incredible actor. For real.
Animal - Wolf
Pet - Dog! I can’t wait to get another pup again soon!

Connect with Lydia...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!