Monday, October 28, 2013

Favourites with Kate Hilton


I started this "favourites" feature because I wanted a way for readers to get to know the authors attending BookBuzz Toronto, an event I'm helping with. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about these amazing women and I hope you can attend the event! Learn more about BookBuzz Toronto here.

Of the ten authors attending BookBuzz Toronto, Kate is the only author I haven't read! I hope to rectify that soon!

About Kate...
Kate Hilton has worked in law, higher education, public relations, fundraising and publishing.  She has an English degree from McGill University and a law degree from the University of Toronto.  She holds down a day job, volunteers for community organizations, raises two boys, cooks, collects art, reads voraciously and likes her husband.  In her free time, she writes. On good days, she thinks she might have it all.  On bad days, she wants a nap.
The Hole in the Middle is Kate’s first book.  It is forthcoming from HarperCollins Canada in December 2013.  Kate is represented by Beverley Slopen of the Beverley Slopen Literary Agency.

Favourites...
Chick flick - Sense & Sensibility
Alcoholic beverage - Champagne (preferably pink).
Warm beverage - Skim milk latte (the first one before 8:00 a.m.).
Junk food - Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Dessert - Salted caramel anything.
TV show - True Blood.
Store - Rue Pigalle, an amazing accessories store at 927 Queen Street West in Toronto.  I’m doing a book launch there on Saturday, December 7, with a portion of the proceeds going to my favourite charity, Rethink Breast Cancer.
Travel destination - Italy.  Italy.  Italy.
Ice cream flavour - Pistachio.
Sport - Tennis, but only to play, not to watch.
Actor -  Johnny Depp.  I know he’s kind of nuts, but I’ve had a crush on him for 25 years so I’m not stopping now.
Song - It changes every week or so.  Right now, I have Katy Perry’s Roar on constant rotation.
Animal - I’m digging pandas at the moment.  My sons have panda fever after seeing them at the Toronto Zoo.
Literary character - Atticus Finch.
Book boyfriend - Mr. Darcy and his chick lit alter-ego Mark Darcy.
Board game - Scrabble, of course!

Connect with Kate...
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!