Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Top Ten "Tuesday": I Obviously Love These Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Yes, I know today is Wednesday. But I had a super busy (but awesome) weekend and just didn't get the chance to put together this week's list. I wanted to share it though because I love talking about my favourite authors. And clearly I own a lot of books by my favourite authors! It was actually kind of difficult to come up with this list because half of my books are at home and the other half are at my mom's. So, here's a pretty much accurate list (with a few bonus entries)! Which author dominates your bookshelves?

Sarah Dessen - 11
She is my all time favourite author so it's no surprise that I own every single one of her books. And a good number of them are signed, too!

Emily Giffin - 7
Giffin is another auto-buy author and I own all of her books - most of them in hardcover. And, bonus, four of them are signed!

Jennifer Weiner - 7
I love Weiner so it's not really surprising that I've somehow managed to accumulate 7 of her 11 books. I just wish I had had a few more of them with me to get them signed when I met her last month!

Catherine McKenzie - 5
I was hooked on McKenzie's writing ever since I read Spin a couple of years ago and I now own a copy of each one of her books.

Beth Kendrick - 6
I have yet to read a Kendrick book I don't like so I will happily buy her new ones as soon as they're out!

Ann Brashares - 6
This is actually a bit of a cheat since I no longer own six of Brashares' novels. I still have all five in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series but I donated another of hers that I didn't exactly love.

Jane Austen - 6
I haven't read all six yet (shame on me) but I WILL. I own them so there's no excuse!

Mindy Klasky - 6
I own two of her trilogies and they're both such fun magical romance type novels (Jane Madison and As You Wish - check them out!).

Series Authors
Megan McCafferty - 5
LOVE Jessica Darling.

J.K. Rowling - 9
Duh. I have all of Harry Potter plus Quidditch Through the Ages and Tales of Beedle the Bard (a super fancy edition my boyfriend bought me years ago!)

C.S. Lewis - 7
I have the whole Narnia set but still haven't finished it.

Lucy Maud Montgomery - 7
I really need to do a reread of the Anne books soon!

Laura Ingalls Wilder - 9
I love my boxed set of the Little House books. I should really reread these ones, too!

1 comment:

  1. Austen, Rowling, Montgomery, and Wilder also dominate my shelves! We should do an Anne or Little House re-read together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!