Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Swoon-worthy Books

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

It's almost Valentine's Day! Who celebrates this chocolate filled holiday? My boyfriend and I don't do anything...partly because for the longest time we weren't in the same city for the holiday. We're also not the most romantic couple. He did surprise me with chocolates last year though! Since this holiday is all about celebrating love (or chocolate, sometimes I forget hehe) this week's TTT features our favourite books that made us swoon. What are some of your favourite romantic stories? Links lead to Goodreads.


Bride Quartet and Inn Boonsboro Trilogy - Nora Roberts
Starting my list with one of the queens of romance. I just adore both of these series (which I've mentioned multiple times on the blog) and I couldn't pick just one to feature. I like that the men in these books aren't sappy...they're all manly men (especially the brothers in Inn Boonsboro) but genuinely good guys. These are the kinds of guys I find most attractive and that's probably why I love these seven books so much.


Just One Day/Just One Year - Gayle Forman
Willem is one of my more recent book boyfriends. It seems odd to include this series in this list since the main characters aren't together for most of the book. Literally, they aren't together - Alyson is in the US and Willem is in Europe. But what makes these books so swoonworthy is how much they go through to try and find each other.


S.E.C.R.E.T./S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared - L. Marie Adeline
These books fall on the steamy end of swoonworthy. There are all sorts of guys to choose from in this series because of the different fantasies the women go through and you're guaranteed to swoon over at least one of them. I'm partial to Jesse, myself.


Sweet Thing - Renee Carlino
There's just something about Will and the relationship he has with main character Mia that makes you swoon. He's a bit of a bad boy and is a musician as well so you can imagine the swoonworthy moments in this great novel!

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
I just loved the relationship between Anna and Étienne. It was sweet, but not overly, and felt right for a relationship between two teens. Plus, they're in Paris! How can you not swoon over that?

Lucky Harbor Series - Jill Shalvis
I've only read a couple of books in this series but I have totally loved them. They're a mix of sweet and spicy with fun stories to boot. And I just love stories, especially romances, set in small towns.


One Sweet Christmas - Darlene Fredette
This is one of my favourite Christmas romance short stories. Again, it's set in a small town plus it's Christmas. And there's a chocolate shop. And a hot guy. Win!

The Boys Next Door/Endless Summer - Jennifer Echols
These books are an easy teen read but totally worth it. I loved main character Lori. She grew up surrounded by the boys next door and, eventually, realizes she's got a major crush on one of them. But is he the right one? These are super sweet reads that are perfect for the beach.


Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Oh, Mr. Darcy. Darcy and Lizzie Bennet make up one of the most classic and beloved couples in all of literature. Of course I had to include them! Who wouldn't want their man to tell them this: "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

Persuasion - Jane Austen
Captain Wentworth is an underestimated Austen hero. I read Persuasion so long ago so I can't really remember too much about him but let's just take a look at this line here, which he writes to Anne: "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." Swoon.

4 comments:

  1. Anna And The French Kiss is popular this week! I'm reading it soon, and can't wait to get to read it, after most bloggers I've visited have it on their list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bride Quartet is my greatest weakness, oh man. I actually read Laurel's story first and I was hooked by the time I finished that intro with them as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, I will have to check them out!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I still need to read the Boonsboro series! Maybe I'll check the first one out for Valentines Day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!