Saturday, January 12, 2013

Post-Christmas Bookishness

I've been meaning to do a little recap kind of post about the holidays. It's been a work in progress but it's finally ready for all of you lovely readers!

Christmas started early when my boyfriend brought me home a surprise present: a bunny! I ended up writing a post all about Tonks the other day as this post was becoming an ode to the bunny. Check it out here if you missed it.

I had a fabulous time up at my mom's house. I took a vacation day for Christmas Eve so I could be up there for a longer chunk of time. Then, because of bad weather, I took another on the 27th so I ended up having lots of time with my mom and sister - which was just what I needed.

What's Christmas without gingerbread? Or a feathery hedgehog in a tree?
Christmas was full of family, friends, and lots of food. I got to see my two best friends the weekend before the big day and that was great. I don't get to see them nearly enough now that I'm living almost three hours away. Presents were exchanged, tasty food was eaten, and good times were had by all.

Left: Candid shot of Sandy and I opening gifts
Right: Posed shot of Marisa, Natasha, and I
I don't often get actual books for Christmas anymore. I think it's probably because I, you know, read a lot and I have such a backlog of books that people may not know what I have. Instead, I got a few bookish accessories and things that will help my blogging organizational skills.


The ereader cover was won in a Christmas blog hop held by Still Moments Publishing in early December. The author let the winner choose a colour so I just had to go with purple! It showed up just after Christmas so it was a lovely late gift. I saw Judging a Book by Its Lover at Chapters awhile ago and found myself laughing while flipping through it. It was a really nice surprise to get this for Christmas. And I must note that my sister and the staff at the store she went to searched high and low for it and finally came up with the copy. Thanks little sis :) The book journal was another nice surprise and I can't wait to fill it up with all the books I read! The calendar was a gift from one of my best friend's. It is definitely needed to keep track of what posts I have to have up when!

I also got a couple of bookstore gift cards and I think I've decided I'm holding onto them for the May/June publishing explosion...so many good books coming out then! I also got the entire set of Harry Potter movies, season one of Once Upon a Time, and seasons one and two of Downton Abbey. We'll see how productive I am in 2013... :)

Finally, I will share with you an epic book that my sister bought when we walked to the mall on Boxing Day. I wish I owned it as well but my wallet forbade me from buying it. Someday...

Such an awesome book.
I hope I haven't bored you all with my babbling about Christmas and how awesome it was. I also hope that you all had an equally wonderful holiday. Did you get any great books or bookish things for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!