Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.
This week's list is a rewind post. We're able to pick a previous TTT topic and create our list or add more to it if we've done it before. I missed the boat on the bookish confessions week awhile back so I've decided to come up with ten confessions for you all!
Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating in this week's rewind!
1. I didn't have time to finish the copy of A Discovery of Witches that I got from my local library and since it was so popular there were a bazillion holds on it and I couldn't renew it. So, I did what any book lover would do and I bought a kobo and the ebook copy of the novel. (I was planning on buying a kobo anyway. I swear.)
2. I sometimes have problems lending people books. Especially if I haven't read them yet myself. How am I supposed to trust someone else to be completely anal about my book and not hurt it? I once had a friend who folded the covers back on my paperback books *shudder*
3. I judge others by what they read. This is especially awkward when I'm judging based on Twilight or Fifty Shades as I have read them. But if people honestly think those are the greatest novels ever written then I'm going to go ahead and judge them. Hey, I'm all for an entertaining story but I can't agree with those folks when I know there are MUCH better books out there in the world.
4. I have to refrain from being overeager and totally nerdy when talking about books with people (you know, those real life friends you have that just don't quite get this whole blogging about books thing). I could honestly talk about books all day but I realize that makes me seem a bit crazy in the real world so I tone it down. A bit.
5. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at work the Monday after it was released. Six of the eight hours I was there were spent reading. My sister did the midnight line up thing and read the book over the weekend. I saved it for Monday when I knew I'd be alone in the store I was working at and could read all day. Summer's best employee, right here.
6. I have yet to finish the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's something that I would like, I know, but I just haven't done it. And honestly? I probably won't ever get around to it.
7. I have four library cards. And they used to all be in my wallet, too. Only two of them are still active - the one from my home town and the one for the city I currently live in.
8. I also haven't read a ton of those classics that everyone's supposed to read. You know, Jane Eyre, 1984, Catch 22, Animal Farm, and so on. I HAVE read Catcher in the Rye though. Actually, this is kind of a two part confessions: I borrowed the copy my best friend was reading for her grade twelve (eleven?) English class because I wanted to read it and my class didn't get to.
9. I have probably close to 100 books on my shelves (real and electronic) that I need to read. Another two parter: some of those books were purchased when I still worked at Coles. I know that one in particular was bought three years ago. Yeah. I've got a problem.
10. Finally, I also judge people who don't like to read. Or say they "can't find the time" to read. I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
So, now that you all know that I'm a judgemental, crazy, obsessed reader...what are some of your bookish confessions?