Thursday, March 8, 2012

Have you been wondering where I've been?

So you may have noticed that I've been MIA for the last little while. This is where I've been...


And we (my sister and I) didn't just get to go on a cruise to the Bahamas, we also went to Universal Studios...


Wheeee!!!

You may notice that I used the phrase "get to go." This awesome trip - a 4 day cruise and 3 days at Universal - was a gift from our equally awesome grandmother. We know, we know - we're totally spoiled and we're totally appreciative. My sister's been thinking that she'd like to work on a cruise ship and since we're both Harry Potter nerds my grandma decided to combine the two and surprise us with a trip.

Since I've been absent from this blog I decided I owed you an explanation and a few photos! They might make you jealous but I still wanted to share them with the world :) (or at least my few loyal followers, hehe)

Not only was this the first cruise my sister had been on, this was actually the first time we had ever been out of Canada. Needless to say, we were pretty excited. 




After a bit of a bumpy start on the ship, we had a great time on the cruise. Above you'll see a picture of us after our morning of playing with dolphins, a shot of the Atlantis Resort (my sister's wanted to go for the past 10 years or so, ever since we saw Holiday in the Sun which features none other than Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen), the signature whale tail of Carnival cruise line (we were on the Sensation) and the water slides on-board, and me enjoying my ridiculously overpriced drink (it was good but stupid expensive so it was my only drink I had on the ship. Sigh.) 

Once the cruise was finished we made our way to Universal Studios. Since we're huge Harry Potter fans we were especially excited for the Wizarding World area and rides. That part of the park was just beyond awesome - the shop fronts, the train, the Butterbeer (yum!). Just...amazing.


I found one of my giraffe friends by one of the stores in City Walk (and I was probably a little too excited...), the flying Ford Anglia from the HP books, my sister was very excited to get a picture with Curious George, and this is me with two of the dancers from the luau we went to at our hotel on our last night.

Overall, we had an amazing time. Not only was it a great trip but it got us out of Canada where our area got a dumping of snow and looked a little like this...


(Amusing side note...I checked out theweathernetwork.com for a photo from the week I was away. This pic was actually taken by the mom of one of my best friends. What are the chances??)

Pretty? Yes. Cold? Also yes.

I'd much rather be back here...


Thanks for checking out my vacation recap post! I'm going to try to be better with my posts and reviews but I'm actually moving and starting a new job this week, so please bear with me if I disappear again. I promise to come back! :)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!