Thursday, October 17, 2013

Event Recap: S.E.C.R.E.T Shared Lunch



I was so excited to be invited to the Random House of Canada lunch to celebrate L. Marie Adeline's new novel S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared (it was released on the 15th and my review is here). I liked S.E.C.R.E.T. and was looking forward to the second book so of course I wanted to attend the event! I got an early copy and read the book the weekend before the event. I ended up really liking it so I was doubly glad I had decided to go to this event!

The table set up with swag bags * Lunch menu * Tasty dessert
It was a small group but that made the lunch so much better. We were able to chat with everyone with ease. Along with the author, Lisa Gabriele, there was the crew from Random House (Cass and Lindsey from the Online Marketing department, publicist Adria, and editor Nita) and eight bloggers (including myself). It was so great to be surrounded by intelligent and entertaining women. We had quite the conversation that ranged from the books we were reading (of course) to Miley Cyrus (who else?) to social media (we're all a little addicted).

If you follow Lisa/L. Marie Adeline on social media, you have probably seen that there was a woman selling her own S.E.C.R.E.T. inspired bracelets on Etsy (this is her shop link as she's sold out of the bracelets). Lisa passed hers around and also had one to give away! Wanda was the lucky winner. Isn't the bracelet pretty?


We had some delicious food to go along with the excellent conversation. They wanted to give us something New Orleans inspired so we had jumbalaya, following soup or salad and followed by an incredibly tasty cake (see the pic above!). 

I'm so glad I made the trip into the city (for the second time in one week! Madness!) because the lunch was so much fun. It was great to see the ladies from Random House again and to see and meet fellow bloggers. And, of course, it was amazing to be able to meet and chat with author Lisa Gabriele. She's awesome! 


Have you read S.E.C.R.E.T. or S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared yet? If you haven't and want a new erotica series to read, check them out! I cannot wait for the third book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!