Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Series I Want to Start


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Reading a book series is both awesome and heartbreaking. On the one hand, you get lots of awesome stories and really get to become involved with characters' lives. On the other hand, you feel lost once you finish the last book and miss the characters you learned to love. Admit it - some of you are unsure what to do after finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :) This week's TTT features the ten series that we've always meant to read but just haven't gotten around to. I must say, my list is quite eclectic! Feel free to give me some more recs, especially good YA. I'm looking to expand my reading horizons!

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating in this week's list!


Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
This is a series I've been meaning to read for YEARS. My mom read the first few and enjoyed them and I've been told by many people over the years that I need to pick it up. Soon. I promise.

Divergent - Veronica Roth
A YA series I've heard good things about. Is it worth it, YA readers? If I do start it, it will be after the third book is released in the fall. 

Heroes of Olympus - Rick Riordan
I loved Percy Jackson and I was excited when I found out Riordan was writing a sort of sequel series. I'm waiting until they're all written before I start and I think I have another year or so to wait!

Heist Society - Ally Carter
Two reasons I want to start this one: the premise sounds like fun and I have a copy of the first book. Sounds good enough for me.

Caster Chronicles - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Another YA one I've heard about, and not just because of the recent movie release! Thoughts?


Luxe - Anna Godbersen
See the reason for wanting to read Heist Society!

Jeeves and Wooster - P.D. Wodehouse
My family used to watch this show and we freaking loved it. I'd love to get the DVD set but just haven't set aside the funds for it yet. I'd like to see what the books are like and how they compare to the show. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, please enjoy this video:


Heather Wells - Meg Cabot
I adore Meg Cabot and have not yet managed to read this series and it's one both my mom and best friend like.

I Heart - Lindsey Kelk
Still can't believe I haven't gotten around to reading this chick lit series yet.

Austenland - Shannon Hale
I love Austen and I need to read these. That's about it.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen Outlander on a number of lists today and every time I feel the need to plug it, because the first book is probably my absolute favourite romance. Ever. But I'm sure you've heard it all before!

    Also, my Jeeves Omnibus is my desert island book. So many great stories, so light and clever and funny!

    My TTT is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent is amazing. I'm in love with this series, and I've devoured both books in a matter of hours. Great list!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really recommend Divergent and the Heist Society books. I'm actually reading the third in the Heist Society series right now and it's totally helping me out of a reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like Heist Society but I hope you will! I really want to read Divergent too! NEW FOLLOWER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!