Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish People I Want To Meet



Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature. 

This week we're to come up with ten bookish people we want to meet. They could be authors, bloggers, and the like. I decided to split my list into the two (since I couldn't think of any other bookish people I'd like to meet! haha).

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating.

Authors (in no particular order)

1. Jane Austen
I think this is a no-brainer for me. I figure if I have the power to meet anyone, I also have the power to bring people back from the dead! I love Austen's work and I'd love to be able to talk to her about what it was like to live and write when she did. 

2. J.K. Rowling
Another no-brainer. Rowling is the author of one of the best series ever and it would be so awesome to just be able to talk to her about her life and how it changed after publishing Harry Potter.

I actually just recently "met" Emily when she was in Toronto but she seems like so much fun and I'd love to hang out with her for the day.

Again, I did get the chance to meet Sarah when she was in Toronto last September. That was when I realized how much we had in common. I love reading her blog and think it'd be great to hang out at the beach with her - her favourite place. 

I recently read Cat's debut novel and also had the chance to interview her. Not only did she write a kick ass book but it turns out we have a lot in common. We live in the same country so it shouldn't be too difficult to pop over to Montreal to share a good chat over cupcakes!

Bloggers (in no particular order)
I'm cheating a bit since Samantha is also an author :) Samantha's been a great help to me since I started my blog. If I have a question she never hesitates in answering it for me. We've had several entertaining email exchanges and I'd love to meet this fabulous lady in person!

Another author/blogger pair! I think it would be so cool to meet them and have a drink or two and chat about the chick lit genre.

Laura and I have similar tastes in books. Most important is our love of the Little House series. Laura has actually been to Laurapalooza - which sounds amazing. I'd love to buy her a drink to thank her for the bookmark and pen she picked up for me while she was there and then chat books - and sports!

Lindsay and I read a lot of the same books and we've recently been messaging back and forth about various things and books. And - this is the awesome part - I will actually be meeting her tonight! We're off to the same bookish event in Toronto and will finally meet in person! Yay!

Really, any of the ladies from CLC would be great to meet but Amy's always first to retweet one of my reviews or mention any giveaways I do. She's incredibly supportive to everyone in the book blogging world. She deserves a chocolate cupcake for all she does (two of her favourite things) and I'd love to be able to give her one in person!

Wow. I didn't realize how easy that would be. There are soooo many other bookish people I'd like to meet! How about you? What author would you LOVE to be able to meet in person?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I was a huge fan of Little House as a kid! Recently, when my mom was moving out of her home in Massachusetts to Arizona, she cleaned out the attic and found my old set of books. In the original cardboard box. I couldn't believe they were still around. I just wish she'd found my Nancy Drew series and I'd be a whole person haha

    I met one of my favorite Authors, Jen Lancaster, this past spring about a month before my book came out. If you're up for a laugh about fan-girl dorkdom feel free to have a read :-) http://randomnessandlunacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/samantha-baker-eat-your-heart-out.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!